Saturday, December 5, 2009

Day 15: What A Man!

We had our annual Christmas shots taken today by a lovely friend of ours.  Oh, the joy of bartering…I don’t recall the last time we paid for family photos.

And I must say…my sexy, bald husband knocks my socks off.  Especially in a black shirt and jeans.  Hmm mmm, good!



I’ve never seen such a beautiful combination of strength and tenderness in another human being.  Some how God has managed to mingle an incredibly compassionate heart {that aches for injustice and cries during chick flicks} with an uber manly man’s love for all things, well…manly {hunting, wrestling, farting and grunting}. 

I love the way my husband is strong, proud and professional when he needs to be, and yet can be so gentle and patient with his 2 year old daughter.

After putting our little one down for nap, he took me out for coffee.  Well, chai actually, but he had coffee.  We hit America’s most frequented church…St. Arbucks, and enjoyed each other’s company for an hour and a half, while our son slept in his car-seat on the table.

We shared about life in general, what the past {tough} 6 months have taught us…our struggles and our victories…occasionally glancing over at our miracle boy who, just over 3 months ago, was hooked up to numerous IVs that were ‘fighting’ to save his little life.

What a journey.

And I couldn’t imagine a more incredible man to have walked alongside.

I am blessed beyond what I could ever have dreamed possible.

This man steals my heart, over and over and over again.

We laughed, we cried, we enjoyed pumpkin bread, we reminisced about our dating days and early married life.  We dreamed about what our future may hold…maybe college, maybe a part-time position at semi-local Police Department {just heard about it today}…maybe moving {hopefully someday soon}. 

We stared quietly into each other’s eyes.  We thanked God for His strength, grace and provision that has been so incredibly evident in our lives over the past year.

It was the most precious time we’ve had “alone” together for a long time.

Our love tanks are officially topped-up.  Thank you very much.

My husband knocks my socks off.

No comments:

Post a Comment