Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 30: What’s Up?

Well, I’m so glad you asked!  Here’s the nutshell version:

  • Wake up to a visit from one of the Troopers at my husband’s post {Bridgeport} who bears an extravagantly generous gift from his brothers and sisters in blue {in check form}.  What an incredibly meaningful {and practical} gift from people he only worked alongside for a few short months.  We’re still making futile efforts to scrape our jaws off the floor.  God is good.
  • Feeling a little off.  Especially with my hubby.  Cant quite put my finger on it but its bugging me that we feel out of sync.  Feeling strangely fragile.  Is it simply shifting post-natal hormones?  Or a stealthy attack from the enemy of our souls…a lousy attempt to steal our joy?  Or both?  I’m praying about this.  Can’t stand feeling amiss like this.
  • Struggling a bit with my m-i-l and the new husband she acquired along her out-of-State travels.  Odd couple.  Wrestling with where and how to establish healthy boundaries, being wise and generous, while honoring both her and my hubby.
  • Loving the smell of coffee.  Appreciating my copious cups of tea.  Needing to drink more water.  Not really missing the sweets.  Enjoying feeling in control of my cravings.  While others indulge in chocolate cake and Christmas cookies, I munch on delicious peppers and hummus.  Hmm mm good.  I bogart an entire ziplock baggie of peppermint bark {ooooh} for 12:01am on January 1st.  I sense an overdose brewing.
  • Escaped to my sister and b-i-l’s house for the live Survivor finale.  Thoroughly enjoy more goggle-box watching than I’ve done in the last few months.  Feeling refreshed.
  • In shock that Christmas lingers a mere 5 days away.  Whoo hoo…I love Christmas.
  • 10 days to New Year…I love New Years too {but for completely different reasons}.
  • Life is delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment